Do I Have The Right To Claim Compensation For A Work Injury?
If you have been injured or had an accident in the course of your employment, or an accident on your way to or from work or during a work break, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation or common law damages, or both. You have the right to seek compensation if injured.
Injuries at, or to or from work are very common and there is no need to be stoic and soldier on.
How much compensation you will get is not an easy answer as tied to your specific injuries and the type of injury.
However, we can help identify if you firstly can claim compensation and how much you may get. You’re welcome to chat, call or email us and we’ll be glad to assess your claim.
Can I Get Work Accident Injury Compensation?
What Types Of Work Injuries Can I Claim Compensation For?
For over many years The Personal Injury Lawyers have been recovering compensation for Queensland’s injured workers in all forms of industry and for a wide range of work related injuries, including, but not limited to:
Lumbar spine (lower back) injuries;
Shoulder injuries (rotator cuff, labral tears etc);
Upper and lower limb injuries (injuries to arms and legs);
Hand and wrist injuries;
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome;
Electrocution and electric shock injuries;
Soft tissue, strain and sprain injuries;
Repetitive strain injuries (RSI);
Disc bulge and disc protrusion injuries;
Chemical and toxin exposure injuries (e.g. poisons, mould, asbestos);
Foreign body injuries;
Aggravation to a pre-existing injury or condition;
Dependency claims in cases of fatal accidents
Other Work related travel injuries (or ‘Journey Claims’) to or from work
If My Injury Is Only Minor, Do I Have A Claim Worth Pursuing?
People sometimes think that because they have suffered what they consider to be a minor injury, (such as a whiplash or jarring injury in an accident) which seems to improve in the weeks or months following the accident, that it is not worthwhile making a claim.
Unfortunately, what often appears to be a minor injury following an accident, can end up being quite a debilitating injury over time.
We’ve seen enough injuries over the years to know, it costs nothing to check and assess if you have a claim and better to check than not.
How Much Compensation Did Other People Get Awarded For Their Injuries?
To help you understand more how much other people were awarded for their compensation claims, (who may have similar injuries to you) we pulled together some helpful, real life compensation claim example case studies.
These include compensation for injury at work as well as car accident injuries and more.
How Much Compensation Will I Get For My Accident?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?