If my friend was driving the vehicle, will they have to pay for my accident compensation if I bring a claim?
It is important to remember that, in respect of all car accident claims, it is the Compulsory Third Party Insurance company or the Nominal Defendant that will be compensating you for your personal injuries, loss and damage arising from the car accident.
Not your friend or family member who may have been driving the vehicle.
You’re welcome to call us for help, or feel free to chat, or email and see how we can help get you the personal injury compensation you want. We also manage most claims with a no win no fee guarantee.
Can I get car injury compensation?
Are there special circumstances where an at-fault driver may be liable?
The Nominal Defendant or Insurer may recover the damages paid to a claimant from an at-fault driver, especially where they were unable to effectively control the vehicle due to alcohol and/or drug consumption resulting in the accident.
Or they were driving the vehicle without the authority of the owner or it was their intention to cause injury to the claimant.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
● See hundreds of genuine 5 star ★★★★★ real reviews from those we have helped with work, motor and other injuries
● No fake reviews here, we just work hard for great clients who leave honest feedback.
With The Personal Injury Lawyers, your compensation claim is in great hands
The Personal Injury Lawyers are long term and proud members of some of the organisations and groups below. We care deeply about the work we do, our staff and who we associate with.
If you are looking for the best rated compensation lawyers in Brisbane, compensation lawyers on the Gold Coast or anywhere in QLD, then you’ve came to the right place.
Frequently asked questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?
Looking for more? View all our Frequently Asked Questions.
Remember, we offer an obligation-free chat with our Lawyers online, by phone or email for no cost. We aren’t one of those law firms that will make you go through with it if you’re not ready.Better to answer that question and know than have it go unanswered. Contact us today.