Drunk driving injury lawyers in Brisbane, Gold Coast & QLD
Alcohol affects the communication between your brain and body. A delayed reaction time behind the wheel can cause a range of life-altering injuries.
A car accident can be a physically and mentally traumatic experience. This can result in severe discomfort and a reluctance to return to the road, which can permanently affect your quality of life.
Have you suffered any pain due to the recklessness of a drunk driver? You could be eligible for compensation.
A potential pay out can support you and your family with medical costs, loss of income and rehabilitation.
Our personal injury lawyers are here to help you with your claim.
Can I get any accident injury compensation?
Claiming for drunk driving injuries & deaths
Drink driving, resulting in injury or death can be cause for a claim against the negligent party. If the driver is severely impaired, fatal crashes are more likely.
If your children or spouse were involved in a fatal crash, a claim can still be made on their behalf depending on their insurer. You can’t put a price on the pain and suffering that results from this kind of loss, but potential compensation could cover the damage you have endured financially.
Injuries caused by drunk driving vary depending on your unique situation. A minor injury could be likely if you were in a new vehicle at the time of impact as there are a range of safety measures installed. Major injuries could arise if you were a pedestrian who was violently hit by an intoxicated driver as you have little protection from such damage.
There are a few things to consider when we assess your eligibility for compensation:
- Sufficient evidence that proves the negligence of the drunk driver
- You have followed the strict time limits to start a claim
- If the driver has Compulsory Third Party Insurance to cover costs
- The impact of your injury on your overall quality of life.
If you are wondering whether you are eligible to make a claim, you can use our 30 second compensation checker. If you need any assistance, you can contact one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.
Calculate how much compensation you may get for your car accident, work injury or other accident.
Drunk driving injury statistics
According to drunk driving injury statistics, perpetrators facing fatal driving offences had a middle range level of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 following a breath test. This is over the legal limit of 0.05. Drink driving accidents are more prominent in the 21 to 34 years age group in Australia.
If a drunk driver’s carelessness causes people to die in a collision, they will be charged accordingly. Unfortunately, this is all too common as drink driving is a significant factor in 1 in every 5 fatalities on QLD roads.
The United States is taking third place for the highest road fatalities due to drink drivers in the world and Australia is not far behind. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has implemented programs to decrease alcohol fuelled road deaths. These include more legal enforcement and drinking age laws.
Common drunk driving injuries
Here are the common drunk driving injuries you could sustain:
- Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by any accident that results in severe impact. This can encompass concussions, cognitive problems and skull fractures.
- Psychological pain is common after an alcohol fuelled accident. This can include post traumatic stress disorder, a life-long condition of pain and suffering for some victims.
- Back and spine injuries. This ranges from minor back strains to acute spinal disc injuries that affect your day-to-day mobility.
- Broken bones can occur after a car or pedestrian accident. Fractures usually take a long period of time to heal, which is time without income. In addition to this, there’s a risk of sustaining life-long injuries or amputation.
- Skin injuries. Car accidents can cause severe bruising, lacerations and burns. Often this damage can lead to permanent scarring and disfigurement.
All of these injuries can affect your overall quality of life. If you have been traumatised through no fault of your own, then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
You can trust our legal advice as we have years of experience in making personal injury claims.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
● See hundreds of genuine 5 star ★★★★★ real reviews from those we have helped with work, motor and other injuries
● No fake reviews here, we just work hard for great clients who leave honest feedback.