Can I make a motor accident claim for injury if I was not licensed or my vehicle was not registered at the time of the accident?
If you were not at fault for the accident occurring, then you are not stopped from bringing a claim for your accident injuries because you were not licensed or your vehicle was not registered at the time of the accident.
You still have a claim against the driver of the vehicle at-fault for the accident occurring.
This applies even if your actions may have contributed to the accident in some way.
Can I get car accident injury compensation?
If my actions contributed to the accident, can I still claim?
If your actions did contribute to the accident occurring, then you are still able to bring a claim against the other drivers at fault the accident, however, your claim may be reduced by a percentage to take into account your contribution to the accident occurring.
It is important to remember when seeking legal representation for your case, that there are many legal firms who do not have the expertise or experience in Queensland motor accident claims to properly undertake your case to ensure you receive all of the compensation you are entitled to.
We're here to help, get in touch
With near 40 years of experience behind us, and lawyers trained by Accredited Specialists in motor accident law, and a reputation for taking a strong stand with insurers, we will strive to achieve the bests results for your claim possible.
You’re welcome to call, chat or email us about your motor vehicle compensation claim. There is no cost and no obligation.
How much compensation did other people get awarded for their injuries?
To help you understand more how much other people were awarded for their compensation claims, (who may have similar injuries to you) we pulled together some helpful, real life personal injury payout examples..
These include compensation for injury at work as well as car accident injuries, workplace injury and slips, trips and falls. You may have suffered an injury that means that you can’t return to work. We assess the type of injury that you have suffered and will look at current medical reports, the costs of your future medical treatment, along with important factors such as whether you are left with a total and permanent disability.
How much compensation will I get for my accident?
If you seek compensation, our compensation calculator gives a basic indication how much compensation you may be able to claim.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
● See hundreds of genuine 5 star ★★★★★ real reviews from those we have helped with work, motor and other injuries
● No fake reviews here, we just work hard for great clients who leave honest feedback.
Frequently asked questions
- How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?
- How is past and future economic loss compensation calculated?
- What injury compensation or damages am I entitled to claim for?
- If I go back to work after my injury will this hurt my claim?
- When does my workers' compensation claim come to an end and what happens then?
- How can I find out quickly if I can make a compensation claim?
- What are emotional distress damages in personal injury cases?
- Are there time limits for bringing a claim for injury compensation in Queensland?
- How will my common law claim run and how long will it take?
- Is my compensation or damages payment taxable?
- What care and assistance can be claimed for in a personal injury claim in Queensland?
- Did you know that if you engage a domestic worker in your home, you could be liable to pay compensation if they are injured?
- What if I don't receive a 6% DPI in my Notice of Assessment but I want to sue my employer for my work injuries?
- What's the difference between workers' compensation claim & a common law claim for damages?
- What is a common law claim for damages for work injury in Queensland?
Looking for more? View all our Frequently Asked Questions.
Remember, we offer an obligation-free chat with our Lawyers online, by phone or email for no cost. We aren’t one of those law firms that will make you go through with it if you’re not ready.Better to answer that question and know than have it go unanswered. Contact us today.