Public place injury compensation lawyers in Brisbane, Gold Coast, and QLD
We are surrounded by public places and most of us use them everyday in our daily commute. We enjoy the freedom of parks and convenience of supermarkets.
It’s near impossible to avoid a public space. With the population growing, so is our risk of injury due to the negligence of another.
Have you been injured in a public place that resulted in a loss of earnings? Has your pain and suffering affected your overall quality of life? Our public liability lawyers can assist you with lodging a claim that could see you eligible for compensation.
Claiming for an accident in a public place
If you have recently suffered an injury in a public place, compensation amounts can vary. One of the main factors to consider when lodging a compensation claim is who was at fault.
Our experienced solicitors work with you to identify the cause of negligence through gathering evidence. It’s important to collect as much information at the time of your injury to assist us with this process. This can include photos, videos and witness details that can confirm another person has violated their duty of care.
Your eligibility to make a claim for compensation also depends on the seriousness of your injury and where the accident occurred.
Claims can be unsuccessful if you don’t start the process within the recommended time limits. Ideally, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible after sustaining an injury. If you are still unsure whether your pain and suffering is worth a claim, you can call, chat or email us to confirm.
What are common accidents in public places?
The impact of a public place accident depends on the sustained injury and how this has affected your quality of life.
Here are a few common accidents that could see you eligible for a public liability claim:
- Slips, trips and falls due to uneven footpaths or hazardous shopping centre floors. An example of this would be if you slipped on a wet floor in a public place that had inadequate signage. The owner of this space could be liable for this accident.
- Poorly maintained equipment and environments. This ranges from damaged steps in the park to faulty equipment at your hairdresser. Business owners, councils and local authorities are required to maintain public facilities but this isn’t always the case. This is why they are encouraged to invest in public liability insurance.
- Accidents on private property. This encompasses injuries sustained at school, rental properties and the home of another person. You could have reported an ongoing issue with a hot water tap at your rental property. The owner may have neglected his or her duty of care and refused to repair it. The issue may have worsened and you burnt yourself, resulting in time off work and lost income. This could see you eligible for a public liability claim.
How much does it cost to claim for a public place accident?
We operate on a no win, no fee basis. This means you have full access to our years of experience without the stress of upfront legal costs. You can redirect your energy to recovering while we focus on your personal injury claim. If the settlement is successful, we calculate the legal costs using the 50/50 rule.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
● See hundreds of genuine 5 star ★★★★★ real reviews from those we have helped with work, motor and other injuries
● No fake reviews here, we just work hard for great clients who leave honest feedback.
With The Personal Injury Lawyers, your public place accident claim is in great hands
The Personal Injury Lawyers are long term and proud members of some of the organisations and groups below. We care deeply about the work we do, our staff and who we associate with.
If you are looking for the best rated compensation lawyers in Brisbane, compensation lawyers on the Gold Coast, or anywhere in QLD, then you’ve came to the right place.