Traffic accident injury legal help, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and QLD
While Australia has some of the safest roads in the world, road crashes are all too common, and when there is injury, it can be life-changing.
With the screech of car brakes, your everyday life can be thrown into a confusion of pain and suffering, deep distress and upheaval – and quite often it’s through no fault of your own.
With our help, you don’t have to suffer alone. Our experienced traffic accident injury lawyers can assist you with a personal injury claim to ensure you gain the information and support you need.
Don’t hesitate to contact our experienced lawyers to talk through your eligibility for a road traffic accident injuries claim.
Getting help with traffic accident injury claims
In difficult times you need support, and sometimes that includes legal assistance as well as monetary. After you’ve been harmed in a motor vehicle accident, help from your family, friends, and an expert accident injury lawyer can make all the difference.
One of the first steps to assist will be to speak to our team of expert personal injury solicitors who have helped thousands of people involved in traffic crashes throughout the years successfully receive a compensation claim.
Unlike large, faceless firms, our team of car accident law experts will work with you on a one-on-one basis to talk through your personal injury accident case.
When you are looking for traffic accident injury compensation, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced team to speak with a specialist about compensation payouts for traffic accidents.
Road traffic accident injury compensation calculator
One of the first steps you can do to make a traffic accident injury claim is to check how much personal damage your body and mind have suffered from your motor vehicle accident could be worth if you were to receive a payout.
We have a tool that will tell you within 30 seconds what the average road traffic accident injury claims for your type of situation have paid out in the past.
The tool that we call our road traffic accident injury compensation calculator. It will give you a quick indication of how much compensation you may be due.
However, for true accuracy and advice tailored to your circumstance, it’s always best to contact us for a free assessment.
Causes of road traffic accident injuries
Not every road traffic accident is the same, but there are common road traffic accident personal injury claims that our expert lawyers deal with on a regular basis.
Most road accidents are from cars and motorbikes (including scooter riders); trucks, trams and trains and other heavy vehicles; and less frequently, buses; and cyclists. Pedestrians are also a large group who are vulnerable to road traffic accident injuries. They include those who use mobility scooters and wheelchairs, who can so easily become victims of accidents without much protection against a moving vehicle.
The most common risk factors behind the bulk of Queensland’s and the ACT’s traffic accident injury compensation claims include:
- Human error, with serious injuries in road traffic crashes usually caused by the driver or other people forcing the driver into a car crash situation.
- Speeding, with the increase in speed directly related to the likelihood of a crash and to the severity of the accident.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and any drug substance – increasing a crash risk and the likelihood of more serious injuries.
- Not wearing motorcycle helmets, seat-belts, and child restraints
- Distracted drivers, which leads to impaired driving
- Unsafe roads that don’t allow a driver to avert a high risk situation on the road.
- Unsafe vehicles, where the vehicle has become unstable or unable to be controlled to avoid a serious motor accident
- Inadequate post-crash care, where the severity of the injuries could be reduced if medical advice and care was timely and appropriate
- Inadequate law enforcement, where some of the above issues, such as speed limits, drink-driving, mobile phone usage while driving, helmets, seat-belt wearing, and child restraints are not enforced.
Common road traffic accident personal injury claims
Need some advice on whether your injuries from your car crash would make you eligible for a compensation claim? The two groupings below can help you identify what range of injuries from Queensland motor vehicle accidents you may fall into.
Some of the most common injury claim and situations that our expert lawyers provide advice on include:
- Whiplash – the most common complaint after being injured in a motor accident. When another vehicle hits you, your head is suddenly forced backwards and then forwards. This jerking movement causes strain on the muscles and tendons of the upper back and neck. From the medical advice and feedback we have seen over the years, many people suffer from neck pain, blurred vision, tingling, headache, or generalised pain in your back or neck area after an accident. People in a motor vehicle accident will often have their whiplash compounded by the late onset of symptoms.
- Burns – These can occur from the airbag deployment or friction from the seat belt as it locks your body into place when your vehicle is hit or rolling.
- Lacerations – There are many dangerous would-causing elements in a vehicle when it smashes during a crash, from shattered windscreen glass and steering wheel impact to airbag deployment and seat belt restrain. There will always be other hard-edged and flesh cutting dangers around from the vehicle’s twisted metal, depending on the impact of the crash.
- Herniated disk – which is a form of spinal injury. The spine has discs to absorb shock when our bodies are tossed about, and this cushions the vertebrae. An accident can cause the discs to shift or bulge.
- Broken bones, caused by the high impact, damaging legs, arms, rib cage and other areas of the body
- Back and spine injuries that may see you lose mobility, breathing and overall health
- Internal bleeding, which is a sign of serious injury and if left untreated, can affect vital organs and limbs
- Head injuries, that can cause brain damage, memory loss or many years of suffering from headaches
- Catastrophic injuries that have affected your vital organs and further internal damage
- Development of chronic pain
Beyond the physical injuries from your motor vehicle accident, emotional trauma can have a serious and negative effect on a person. You may feel worried, unsure of how to get the help and support you need, and even confused.
The Personal Injury Lawyers will provide advice and guide you through your road vehicle or car accident claim, explaining the process and talking through your options. Your consultation is free, so call for advice. We’re here to help.
Check out our road traffic accident injury compensation calculator to be fully informed on what compensation you could claim when suffering such a painful injury.
Degree of compensation for a motor vehicle accident claim
There are contributing factors to a compensation claim that an expert car accident injury lawyer will be able to provide advice to you on. These factors help determine the amount of compensation you can expect. These include:
- Total value of your claim once all medical and ongoing bills are considered
- The extent of your injuries and the type of debilitation and ongoing care required.
- The extent of your economic losses, particularly if you can no longer work
- The circumstances under which the accident took place
- Degree of responsibility of all those involved in the accident, including the part that you played
- Whether the responsible party has insurance or assets of sufficient value to cover your compensation
Seek medical attention
If you have suffered injuries from a road traffic accident, it’s important to be referred for medical advice and treatment. It’s important that your medical provider documents your injuries well. Your medical records can be used as evidence, along with receipts related to your accident that assist in determining any later claim.
Even if you feel like you just suffered little damage, the injury can still show up after a short time. A quick examination and medical intervention can determine whether or not medical care is required for that specific condition.
Expert help for your traffic injury claim
If you’re injured in any type of vehicle, whether a car, truck, motorbike or bicycle, our advice is to keep in mind that you may be able to receive compensation, even if found to be at fault. If you have lost income as a result of the accident, you may also be able to claim.
Speak to one of our expert motor vehicle accident lawyers to provide you with advice. Call, email, chat or visit us — it costs nothing to ask our car accident lawyers in Brisbane, on the Gold Coast & anywhere in Queensland. You’ll be in a better position to move to the next step.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
● See hundreds of genuine 5 star ★★★★★ real reviews from those we have helped with work, motor and other injuries
● No fake reviews here, we just work hard for great clients who leave honest feedback.
With The Personal Injury Lawyers, your road traffic accident claim is in great hands
The Personal Injury Lawyers are long term and proud members of some of the organisations and groups below. We care deeply about the work we do, our staff and who we associate with.
If you are looking for the best rated compensation lawyers in Brisbane, compensation lawyers on the Gold Coast, or anywhere in QLD, then you’ve came to the right place.