Gym injury compensation In Brisbane, the Gold Coast, QLD, VIC & NSW
In Queensland our local gyms associate themselves with a healthy lifestyle, but they do present certain risks to users and members.
Any engagement with physical exercise or straining your muscles can lead to injury, and it’s important to know your rights when it comes to gym injury compensation…
if you’ve suffered an injury due to the negligent act or omission of another, we can likely help.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
● Read 5 star ★★★★★ real reviews from those we have helped
● No fake reviews here, we just work hard for great clients who leave honest feedback.
Frequently asked questions about gym injury compensation claims
- Personal trainer negligence – It’s the responsibility of a personal trainer to arrange exercises that help you meet your fitness goals, but they can’t put you at risk. If an instructor ordered you to lift a particular weight beyond your range, and you injured your arms in the process, this would be a case of negligence. The gym did not adequately protect you, and a reasonable person would deem the injury a likely result.
- Faulty or broken equipment – Again, a gym would have breached their duty of care if equipment is faulty or broken yet still made available for use. If a cycling machine had poorly supported legs, and you were to fall while exercising and be injured, you would again be owed due compensation.
- Other gym members causing injuries – There are instances where the actions of another gym user cause injury, and you may be entitled to a gym injury compensation claim. If another patron were to drop weights on your foot and caused serious injury, the gym may be deemed to have breached their liability.
There are some situations where you would be deemed at fault and therefore not eligible for compensation. The key responsibilities you hold to avoid causing injury yourself include:
Use gym equipment in its proper, intended way – If you decided to do push-ups on a treadmill, or sit backwards on a cycling machine, you will be deemed at fault. While this may seem obvious, being unsure of how a machine works isn’t an excuse; it’s your responsibility to ensure you’re using equipment properly.
Know your limits – If you set the tension on a rowing machine too high and pull your back, sadly you will again be deemed at fault. The best way to ensure you stay safe is to stay within your limits.
Be upfront with medical conditions and injuries – A personal trainer can only offer advice on exercises within your means if you fully disclose any medical conditions or injuries that may put you at risk of further harm.
If you’re unsure if an injury you’ve sustained was a breach of your responsibility or the gym’s, The Personal Injury Lawyers’ free case assessment can help clarify your situation.
A waiver can often mislead gym patrons of their rights. While a waiver can persuade you from not claiming compensation for injury, the gym has not forfeited their owed duty of care.
If you feel they have been guilty of negligence, a waiver has no legal power to prevent you from suing.
24-hour gyms can also blur the lines of liability, but your responsibilities listed above will usually help determine who is at fault.
If you decided to try running on a treadmill for the first time while recovering from an Achilles injury, and you tore the tendon, you would still be deemed at fault.
The best course of action is to ensure your exercises are kept well within your range when the gym is otherwise unoccupied.
Our lawyers are committed to ensuring you’re suitably compensated for your situation. Starting with our free claim assessment, our experts will identify who is liable in your case, and stand by your side through the entire process for your gym injury compensation.
For further peace of mind, read more about our no win no fee guarantee to ensure you get back on track as smoothly as possible.
Chat, call, email, or let us assess your claim. There is no cost, and no obligation.
No win no fee guaranteed, plus it pays for your injury expenses
How much compensation did other people get awarded for their injuries?
To help you understand more how much other people were awarded for their compensation claims, (who may have similar injuries to you) we pulled together some helpful, real life compensation claim example case studies.
These include compensation for injury at work as well as car accident injuries and more.
How much compensation will I get for my gym accident?
We're here to help and there is no cost to discuss your claim
We know all too well that compensation claims can be confusing, so don’t get lost in the sea of complexities. You’re welcome to just give us a call, chat with you, or send an email to us. We’ll be glad to help you.
There is no cost for the call or to speak to our lawyers, and you’re under no obligation.