Bus accident compensation in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, QLD, VIC & NSW
We help people who suffered injuries in many types of accidents, lodging claims for their personal injury compensation.
It is important to us that you get the best injury compensation advice possible, particularly after experiencing pain and suffering from a bus or coach accident.
We believe that you get the best financial compensation, as you recuperate from your injury, and we’re here to help you through the journey.
And we do it with a no win no fee guarantee.
Can I receive bus accident compensation?
Buses are one of the safest forms of road transport, but with more people catching public transport than ever before, bus accidents can and do happen.
In fact in Queensland, buses and coaches carry about two-thirds of all passengers on the state’s public transport network, equating to around 128 million separate trips. The industry employed thousands of people and more than 150,000 children were transported to and from school in the past financial year.
However, not everything goes to plan on our roads.
So, if you have sustained an injury in on a bus or due to another person’s negligence, then you may be entitled to compensation for your bus accident. This is called a Personal Injury compensation claim.
You are welcome to simply contact us anytime with any questions and we’ll be glad to help. There is no cost or obligation.
Bus accident compensation calculator
What kinds of injuries can you be compensated for?
When you consider compensable bus accident injuries, we often think of injury claims that involve pedestrians, cyclists or other vehicles. Yet bus passengers are not immune to injuries caused during major or minor incidents.
Bus and coach accidents are commonly caused when the driver or operator of the vehicle moves unexpectedly or brakes suddenly, causing people to fall from seats, in overcrowded aisles or down entry/exit stairs.
Common injuries can include:
- Head and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones Lacerations and cuts
- Internal injuries
Whatever the severity of your injury, and regardless of whether you were a bus passenger or a pedestrian, cyclist or in a traffic accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you have been injured in a bus or through a bus-related road accident then take the 30-second claim check at the top of the page. Or use our quick Bus Accident Compensation Calculator to get greater understanding on your claim range.
What situations commonly entitle people to claim for compensation?
While no two accidents are ever the same, there are commonalities between circumstances that lead to a bus accident, which are indicators of whether your compensation claim would be favourable or not. These include:
- You’re suffering from an injury that is a direct result form when an accident occurred – and if your injuries have affected your ability to work, loss of earnings and your quality of life.
- Accidents that are the result of poor weather, poor visibility or poor road conditions.
- Negligent or dangerous driving on behalf of the bus driver or another motorist that influenced or caused the accident.
It’s important to note that in Queensland, all registered vehicles covered by the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance scheme which covers an at-fault driver for personal injury claims, including buses.
That means if the bus driver or another person driving a vehicle who contributed to your personal injury claim was negligent, then you can claim compensation under the CTP scheme.
If you’re not sure if you can make a claim, then let us help you. Use our Bus Accident Compensation Calculator to have a better idea of the potential success of your claim.
7 things you should do after a bus accident
To ensure your ability to seek compensation following a bus accident and so that you can as closely as possible calculate what you’re entitled to. Following the 7 steps you should take following a bus accident:
- Call 000
- Seek medical attention
- Complete a police report
- Take photographs and gather as much information as possible
- Get the bus driver’s contact information including the bus number and identification
- Get contact information from eyewitnesses
- Contact us at The Personal Injury Lawyers immediately
We can help you determine
- If your bus accident claim is eligible. There are strict time limits in which to claim and each individual circumstance determines whether your case may or may not be eligible.
- The likelihood of receiving compensation. Even though you may be genuinely suffering, the circumstances of your claim may limit your potential for compensation.
- How quickly you will receive compensation. Use our Bus Accident Compensation Calculator for an indication of the amount of compensation you could receive, based on other’s injury claims. or get in contact with us and we will establish an estimated timeframe of successful settlement.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
With The Personal Injury Lawyers, your compensation claim is in great hands
The Personal Injury Lawyers are long term and proud members of some of the organisations and groups below. We care deeply about the work we do, our staff and who we associate with.
If you are looking for the best rated compensation lawyers in Brisbane, compensation lawyers on the Gold Coast, or anywhere in QLD, VIC or NSW then you’ve came to the right place.