Building and construction accident injury compensation lawyers, covering Brisbane, Gold Coast & QLD
Building and construction accidents can result in serious, even fatal injuries. Have you recently suffered a construction site injury? You may qualify for workers’ or public liability compensation.
Workers’ compensation in particular is designed to safeguard the rights of injured employees.
We have helped thousands of people lodge claims for personal injury compensation that support them financially while they focus on recovery.
We do it with a no win no fee guarantee.
Common injuries in construction
A construction accident attorney can help you regain financial restitution following a construction accident injury.
Here’s examples of common construction site injuries and hazards include:
- Electric shock: Electrical shocks are one of the main causes of worker injuries. This can occur if there are exposed wires, improperly installed outlets, or inadequate control measures surrounding certain types of machinery.
- Falls from buildings: Slip and fall accidents are a significant risk in the building and construction industry. It is critical to remove trip hazards, clean up spills and have adequate safety signage. This type of incident could lead to fatalities.
- Improper maintenance: Maintenance issues involving machinery are also a common safety hazard. Maintenance should be carried out on time, and the employer should regularly review the report to make sure all maintenance has been completed in a timely manner.
- Falling objects: A worker might be hit by an object, which could lead to a head injury. These hazards can even lead to fatalities, so control measures must be put in place to protect employee safety. Safe work Australia guidelines should be followed to minimise risk.
These are just a handful of the most common injuries that occur in construction accidents in Australia.
Seek urgent medical care and representation
Every construction worker injury must be taken seriously, and any construction worker who has been hurt should seek medical advice and care as quickly as possible. Following medical assistance, reach out to a construction accident lawyer to learn more about an accident settlement for financial support while you recover.
What factors will impact my construction accident settlement?
The most common construction injuries can lead to serious complications that could make it hard for someone to return to work. That’s where our construction site accident lawyers can help you lodge a compensation claim for financial support.
There are several factors that impact your settlement if you have been injured on a construction site. These include:
- The severity: as an injured construction worker, the more severe your injury, the larger your settlement will be. An accident lawyer can review your accident and see how much money it might be worth.
- The prospect of returning to work: a construction worker injured today might not be able to return to work tomorrow. If you have lost income as a result of your accident, your settlement might be larger.
- Your future medical bills: even a minor accident can result in significant medical bills and lost income when injured on the construction site. If you are facing future medical expenses, an accident attorney can help you seek compensation.
Workers injured in construction site accidents should seek the services of a lawyer as soon as possible so they can hold negligent parties responsible for the accident.
Frequently asked questions about building & construction accident claims
If you can prove your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to claim:
- Lost income, including future earning potential
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing rehabilitation costs
- Permanent disability benefits
After assessing your case, our workers’ compensation lawyers can provide you with more detailed information on what you may be entitled to claim.
Your employer does not need to attend any meetings with you.
If you’ve been injured on a building, mine or construction site but are unsure whether you qualify for compensation or damages, our workers’ compensation lawyers can assess your claim for free.
You can claim for a range of building and construction accidents and injuries. We have included just some in the next questions and answers.
Most likely, yes. Considering how high up many building sites are located, falls can be extremely dangerous in the construction industry. Broken bones, head injuries and concussions are some of the more serious injuries commonly associated with falls.
Most likely, yes. Unfortunately, falling objects are a leading cause of injuries in the construction industry. Power tools and scaffolding are especially prone to being left unsecured, putting workers on lower levels at risk of serious head injuries.
Most likely, yes. Building sites are often packed with flammable materials. When stored or handled incorrectly, these materials can catch alight and cause serious burns.
Real 5 star client Google reviews
● See hundreds of genuine 5 star ★★★★★ real reviews from those we have helped with work, motor and other injuries
● No fake reviews here, we just work hard for great clients who leave honest feedback.
With The Personal Injury Lawyers, your compensation claim is in great hands
The Personal Injury Lawyers are long term and proud members of some of the organisations and groups below. We care deeply about the work we do, our staff and who we associate with.
If you are looking for the best rated compensation lawyers in Brisbane, compensation lawyers on the Gold Coast, or anywhere in QLD, then you’ve came to the right place.
How much compensation did other people get awarded for their injuries?
To help you understand more how much other people were awarded for their compensation claims, (who may have similar injuries to you) we pulled together some helpful, real life personal injury payout examples..
These include compensation for injury at work as well as car accident injuries, workplace injury and slips, trips and falls. You may have suffered an injury that means that you can’t return to work. We assess the type of injury that you have suffered and will look at current medical reports, the costs of your future medical treatment, along with important factors such as whether you are left with a total and permanent disability.
How much compensation will I get for my accident?
If you seek compensation, our compensation calculator gives a basic indication how much compensation you may be able to claim.
We're here to help and there is no cost to discuss your claim
We know all too well that compensation claims can be confusing, so don’t get lost in the sea of complexities. You’re welcome to just give us a call, chat with you, or send an email to us. We’ll be glad to help you.
There is no cost for the call or to speak to our lawyers, and you’re under no obligation.